Apollonia was an ancient Illyrian city located on the right bank of the Aous river (modern-day Vjosë). Its ruins are situated in the Fier region, near the village of Pojani (Polina), in modern-day Albania. Apollonia was founded in 588 BCE by Greek colonists and latter ruined by Illyrian was perhaps the most important of the several classical towns known as Apollonia.
Apollonia flourished in the Roman period and was home to a renowned school of philosophy, but began to decline in the 3rd century AD when its harbor started silting up as a result of an earthquake. It was abandoned by the end of Late Antiquity.
Include on price
Transport ,Guide ,Tickets
Prices are flexible
Minimum number of participants 2
Maximum number of participants 99
Start - EndApollonia was an ancient Illyrian city located on the right bank of the Aous river (modern-day Vjosë).
• Our guide will meet you at the hotel
• Start driving to Apollonia
• A short stop in Fier one of the biggest towns of Albania
• See the communist buildings like old factory
• Start drving to Apollonia
• Visit ancient city of Apollonia
• Visit monastery of Apollonia
• Drive Back to hotel