This tour will take you to Apollonia an ancient Illyrian city located on the right bank of the Aous river (modern-day Vjosë). Its ruins are situated in the Fier region, near the village of Pojani (Polina), in modern-day Albania. Apollonia was founded in 588 BCE by Greek colonists and later ruined by Illyrian was perhaps the most important of the several classical towns known as Apollonia.
On the same day, you will visit one of the most important monasteries of central Albania. Ardemnica Monastery builds by the last emperor of the Byzantine empire. See the fantastic interiors – particularly the iconostasis of saints and sinners, dragons and angels – of the 18th-century Church of St Mary. Equally impressive is the golden pulpit, which positively heaves with adornments, not to mention the frescoes of the Zografi brothers that can be seen on display upstairs.
Start - EndDive into the history of Apollonia and Ardenica - Visit the old ruins and 2 old churches
• Our guide will meet you at the hotel
• Start driving to Apollonia
• On the way to Apollonia visit one of the Oldest Monasteries in Albania. Arnica Monastery - Build by the last emperor of the Byzantine empire. Visit Birth of Holy Mary church. The church preserves some of the most beautiful frescoes in Albania
• Start drving to Apollonia
• Visit ancient city of Apollonia
• Visit monastery of Apollonia
• Drive Back to hotel