Berat city tour – Walking tour of Berat with – Visit a local family
Discover Berat which is inarguably one of the most beautiful towns in Albania! Go back to the Ottoman era and find their traces in the King Mosque, the 14th-century Bektashi Mosque, Mangalem and Gorica Castle along with its churches and the famous Onufri Museum. This tour will bring you also to a family inside the castle of Berat where you will taste a desert ,Turkish café and raki
Great opportunity for photography.
Pick Up : Flexible destination inside of Berat , Departure Time : Flexible time upon request
Walking tour itineraryMeet the our knowledgeable local tour guide at your hotel or in the city center and than start the tour through the highlights of Berat
• We start the visit from the Islamic centre and see the King Mosque, which is one of the Oldest in Berat.
• After that, we will go to Teqe which is pretty much near the King Mosque.
• After the Islamic Centre, we go to Gorica Quarter and walk on Gorica bridge, a monument from 1777.
• Then proceed to Mangalem Quarter and after that we will walk into the Castle.
• Inside the castle premises, we will see 3 Byzantine Churches that belong to the 14th century.
• After the churches, we walk towards the Ottoman part of the city and see the Akropoli, White Mosque and Red Mosque which belongs to the 1388 period.
• From here, we will see the panoramic view of the town and take a lot of photos.
• Visit in the Onufri Museum, inside the castle, and know more about the bygone era.
• Visit an old house inside the castle and try traditional desert ,raki ,Turkish café . Talk with the locals and share stories.
Some of the places you will most likely pass
• King Mosque
• Onufi Museum
• Castle of Berat
• View point of the castle
• Helveti Teqe
• Visit the local family
Printed or electronic voucher
Comfortable walking shoes Inclusions
Entrance fee for castle and onufri museum
Local Tour guide
Desert ,Turkish café and raki
Additional food and drink
Souvenirs and personal shopping
Tips and gratuities
Duration 4 hours(APPROX.)
Regular: 18 EUR
Tour operates rain or shine, hot or cold, year round.
Please present yourself at the location 5 minutes before departure time.
Travellers under 18 will not be served alcohol and spirits on this tour, soft drinks will be served instead
Closure of sites
Please note that during Mondays and some national fests onufri museum its close
Travellers under 12 years old are not permitted to join the tour. For family friendly tours, please contact us to arrange a private tour so that we can better tailor the tour to your needs.
Cancellation more than a week in advance: administration costs of 15%
Cancellation between a week and 48 hours prior to departure date: 50% of the total amount
Cancellation less than 48 hours prior to departure date : 100% of the total amount
No show no restitution